Railroading in the Northern and Southern
Catskill Mountains of New York State
RAILS TO THE CATSKILLS is a history of the dynamic railroad industry in the Catskills of New York State. Catskill railroads have roots in the canals of the 1820's and the post Civil War railroad boom.
RAILS TO THE CATSKILLS explores:
• For Love of Trains
• Before Railroads - The D&H Canal
• Canajoharie & Catskill Railroad
• New York, Ontario & Western Railway
• Electric Trolleys
• Ulster & Delaware Railroad
• Catskill Mountain Railway/Otis Elevating Railway
• Wallkill Valley Railroad
• West Shore Railroad
• Delaware & Ulster Railroad
• Catskill Mountain Railroad
• Rails & Trails Conflict
RAILS TO THE CATSKILLS uses original footage, contemporary and vintage photographs, postcards, rare films, railfan-movies, newspapers and historic archives. Music is by Dick Staber and Paul Lounsbury. The film includes historians Eugene Dauner, Dale Flansburg, Robert Haines, John M. Ham, William Helmer, Evan Jennings, and Bob Mohowski.
"...engagingly told. Highly recommended."
"Romance of the Rails."
"... an engrossing viewing experience."